Cody's Friends. Serving homeless animals and neglected children
Our Community Partner this month is "Cody's Friends"
Cody wanted to help his country…so he started a charity called Cody’s Friends.
Since 2010, Cody has been working hard the first Saturday of every month.
People leave a donation out on their front porch, Cody and his mom drive by, and he picks up the donations. Then he hand delivers them to local no-kill animal rescue groups and places that serve children in need.
The no-kill groups work to save dogs and cats that are about to be euthanized. Cody collects pet food, new and used collars, leashes, bowls, beds, crates and anything else that animals need.
He also collects for children in need. Those donations go to places that serve children and teens. He collects clothing, toiletries, bikes, toddler beds, strollers, and more.
Cody often brings home things like beds and strollers to clean them up before donating them, as you can see in the photo gallery on his website.
A law firm in Tucson offered to make Cody’s Friends a 501c3! This is complete except for the determination letter, which should arrive this month. However, all donations to Cody’s Friends are now tax-deductible.
Cody’s Friends can pick up donations or people can make online donations through his website. To schedule a donation pick up, they simply message him through his Facebook page or fill out the donation pick up form on the website..
For more information visit Cody's Friends, online at http://codysfriends.org.
Cody's Friends radio PSA
You too can apply to be a Journal Broadcast Group Community Partner, see details here.
Previous Journal Broadcast Group Community Partners Include:
- TMC / CMN MIX Miracles Radiothon
- Social Venture Partners Tucson
- YMCA of Southern Arizona
- American Lung Association
- Sky Island Alliance
- Arizona Youth Partnership
- Hermitage No-Kill Cat Shelter & Sanctuary
- The Southern Arizona Children's Advocacy Center
- Southern Arizona Arts and Cultural Alliance
- Heart of Tucson Equine Rescue
- Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
- Tucson Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Friends of the Pima County Public Library
- The Missing in America Project
- Friends of Sabino Canyon
- The YMCA of Southern Arizona
- The Lupus Foundation
- Integrative Touch for Kids
- SARSEF: Southern Arizona Research, Science and Engineering Foundation
- The Symphony Women's Association
- Camp Wildcat
- Pima Animal Care Center
- Educational Enrichment Foundation
- La Paloma Family Services
- Parkingson Wellness Recovery
- Beads of Courage Program
- TIHAN, Tucson Interfaith HIV/AIDS Network
- Teen Outreach Arizona
- Literacy Connects
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
- World Care
- Youth on Their Own
- Junior Achievement Arizona
- Arizona Families for Children
- Erik Hite Foundation
- I Am Tucson
- Handi-Dogs, Inc.
- The Ben's Bells Project
- The West Inc.
- The Loft Cinema
- Bag It!
- The UMC Trauma Center
- St. Elizabeth's Health Center Services
- Southern Arizona Children's Advocacy Center
- Community Gardens of Tucson
- Honor Flight Tucson
- The Haven
- Tucson Festival of Books
- Pima Council On Aging
- Blind & Deaf Children Foundation
- Make Way For Books
- Tucson Clean & Beautiful
- Volunteer Center of Southern Arizona
- Marshall Home for Men
- Reading Seed
- Gooter Foundation
- Child & Family Resources
- Tucson Girls Chorus
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Homicide Survivors