Friends of the Pima County Public Library, our Community Partner
The Friends of PCPL is a non-profit 501(c) 3 organization founded in 1969 to raise funds for special and innovative library programs, equipment and services, which are not part of the normal annual budget. They accomplish this by raising funds through the sale of books, memberships, and grants.
They have community book sales at their book barn at 2230 N. Country Club Road. they also sell books online year round and at retail spaces in fifteen libraries.
The Friends has a Managing Director who oversees a large group of dedicated volunteers, some of whom have been involved for more than twenty-five years!
Over the past 7 years, the Friends have provided over $1.5 million to The Pima County Public Library. To find out when book sales are taking place at the barn or when/where to purchase books online, or make a donation; vist them online at http://www.pimafriends.com.
You too can apply to be a Journal Broadcast Group Community Partner, see details here.
Previous Journal Broadcast Group Community Partners Include:
- TMC / CMN MIX Miracles Radiothon
- The Missing in America Project
- Friends of Sabino Canyon
- The YMCA of Southern Arizona
- The Lupus Foundation
- Integrative Touch for Kids
- SARSEF: Southern Arizona Research, Science and Engineering Foundation
- The Symphony Women's Association
- Camp Wildcat
- Pima Animal Care Center
- Educational Enrichment Foundation
- La Paloma Family Services
- Parkingson Wellness Recovery
- Beads of Courage Program
- TIHAN, Tucson Interfaith HIV/AIDS Network
- Teen Outreach Arizona
- Literacy Connects
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
- World Care
- Youth on Their Own
- Junior Achievement Arizona
- Arizona Families for Children
- Erik Hite Foundation
- I Am Tucson
- Handi-Dogs, Inc.
- The Ben's Bells Project
- The West Inc.
- The Loft Cinema
- Bag It!
- The UMC Trauma Center
- St. Elizabeth's Health Center Services
- Southern Arizona Children's Advocacy Center
- Community Gardens of Tucson
- Honor Flight Tucson
- The Haven
- Tucson Festival of Books
- Pima Council On Aging
- Blind & Deaf Children Foundation
- Make Way For Books
- Tucson Clean & Beautiful
- Volunteer Center of Southern Arizona
- Marshall Home for Men
- Reading Seed
- Gooter Foundation
- Child & Family Resources
- Tucson Girls Chorus
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Homicide Survivors