A judge has shot down allegations in Meghan Markle‘s case against the Mail on Sunday, but her lawyers are determined to press on. Judge Warby struck down her claims that the Mail on Sunday, and its parent company Associated Newspapers, acted “dishonestly” by only printing certain sections of her letter to Thomas Markle.
She has blamed her estrangement from her 73-year-old father on the Mail and other tabloids who published stories and speculation about their rift. As many will recall, Thomas backed out of walking Meghan down the aisle in her May, 2018 wedding to Prince Harry after stories saying that paparazzi had paid him in exchange for shots of him were published.
Meghan’s civil suit accuses the paper of copyright infringement, misuse of private information and violating the U.K.’s data protection law.
“Today’s ruling makes very clear that the core elements of this case do not change and will continue to move forward. The Duchess’ rights were violated; the legal boundaries around privacy were crossed. As part of this process, the extremes to which The Mail on Sunday used distortive, manipulative, and dishonest tactics to target The Duchess of Sussex have been put on full display,” attorneys for Meghan told Fox News in a statement.
Meghan's legal team continues: “Whilst the Judge recognizes that there is a claim for breach of privacy and copyright, we are surprised to see that his ruling suggests that dishonest behavior is not relevant. We feel honesty and integrity are at the core of what matters; or as it relates to the Mail on Sunday and Associated Newspapers, their lack thereof. Nonetheless, we respect the Judge's decision as the strong case against Associated will continue to focus on the issue of a private, intimate and hand-written letter from a daughter to her father that was published by The Mail on Sunday. This gross violation of any person's right to privacy is obvious and unlawful, and The Mail on Sunday should be held to account for their actions.”
Meanwhile, her move to L.A. continues to incite rumors. Myka Meier, a royal expert recently told the Royally Obsessed podcast: “I think we’ll see Meghan back in acting in terms of major motion films. I think she’ll be choosy, of course, but I think we’ll see a lot of them.”
She previously starred in Suits, and recently did a voice-over for Disney‘s Elephants.
Plus: “As soon as there are red carpets again, I genuinely think they will be on every major red carpet.”
She predicted that Meghan may also relaunch her lifestyle blog The Tig, which she shut down in 2017 before marrying Harry.